It has taken a pandemic for some of us to have the time to learn more about or do what I am calling the seven C’s. 1) Computers 2) Cooking 3) Crafts 4) Creativeness 5) Cleaning 6) Clarity and 7) Catch up.
- Computers – I have had the opportunity to learn how to do online meetings. I’ve had to limit the number of zoom meetings I can do per week so I can have time for other things, especially, to have time for myself. Living through a pandemic is stressful. We all need more time to relax and have fun. I have enjoyed seeing the virtual zoo tours and such. Love the penguins.
- Cooking – Preparing yummy food for my hubby has been a higher priority. My husband prefers to dine at home, even before the corona virus hit. I have been having fun adjusting recipes to fit the ingredients we are fortunate enough to have. Also, I am using more of my spices. Sometimes our meals taste just as good as what we would have gotten at a restaurant. I do get take-out once a week or so. Restaurants need our support. Don’t forget to tip!
- Crafts – Have fun making crafts, especially with your kids. Hopefully you can use what you have at home already. Of course, it is fun ordering something online and receiving it in the mail. I even mailed a card to my husband who is at home, so he would have the fun of receiving something personal in the mail.
- Creativeness – I’ve enjoyed having some more opportunities to be creative. My local writer’s group has been coming up with online flash fiction stories, where each member had up to 48 hours to add their contribution to the story. It’s also been a learning experience for me. Our current story is to be written in the first person, something I had never tried before.
- Cleaning – Pandemic or not, I am a busy person, but I have taken time to do some really needed cleaning jobs. One day, I washed windows. Today I dusted my desk. I had fun adding special touches to my desk, such as putting several pictures of family in a picture holder on my desk.
- Clarity – I’ve been able to use self help books and such in order to work on my mission and vision for my business and personal life. Having more quiet time to think and read has helped. Figuring out what’s important to us can help guide us to a happier, more fulfilling life.
- Catch-up – Sometimes we benefit from situations which slow our lives down. We finally have time to do some much needed catch upping on projects we have let slip due to hardships in our lives. I really appreciate the extended deadlines some organizations are putting in place.
So, have fun with my seven C’s or your own list of things you are dealing with in your life right now. Remember, it’s O.K. to ask for help. In fact, it’s good to ask for help. No one can do it all. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. That’s what make’s us special!